Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Games Workshop WH40K Stormraven Gunship Bodging and Comparison Pictures

....bodging a sensor/targetting array to the gunship.

Finally made my Valentines day gift ( I like making kits), this one had a few areas where things didn't fit exactly as they shoud and required bodging (angry scratchbuilding) like cutting pieces to fit but maybe it was just me. I finished it after a couple of hours over a few days and I must say it's a lovely bit of kit and will fit in well with what I want it for but I have never gotten to grips with the top mounted firing point (it just looks out of place to me) so I decided I would change it by putting something else there, hence the bodging and I must admit I like it and I moved some guns to under the wings (madness I know).

The new piece is made from 2 sensor pieces from the company Old Crow Models, a GW piece that I have no idea what it's from (was in my bits box) and something from an office board (???) but it was in the bits box. I then did some size and comparison pictures for others who might like to own this model (in it's original state probably, hope it helps and bodging is king!

The piece replaced is seen here, the cockpit with the gatling guns. 

Front view with new attachment.

Side view.

Front view of bodged piece.

Side view.

Rear view.

With some 28mm Lead Adventure, Copplestone and Hasslefree Miniatures.

Front view with the addition of a 28mm Four A Miniature.

28mm Antenocitis Warthog and Pig Iron APC.

Another view with the Pig Iron APC.

28mm Pig Iron Miniatures and Antencitis Warthog.

A closer view with the 28mm Pig Iron Miniatures.

28mm Old Crow Gunship.

With anothe GW product the beautiful Valkyrie for scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment