Friday, February 25, 2011

Cavalier Wargames Show on Sunday, upcoming Zombie Game and 28mm Ford Transit

This Sunday I'm going to my first wargames show (I try to get to Salute and SELWG aswell, anything else is a bonus) of the year http://www.twws.org.uk/cavalier2011.htm , smallish show but it's not that far away from where I live, several of the rejects going and afterwards I've been convinced to put on a zombie game for the rejects and Lee from http://bigleesminipaintingblog.blogspot.com/ who we're meeting at the show. If you've never been to this show in it's newest location it's now infamous for it's terrible hall lighting but that won't stop me from taking pictures with my one good eye. If you're there and spot me speak up I'm quite pleasant but don't appear so especially with the ongoing trials of Bell's Palsy (massive strawberry blonde gentleman with short hair and glasses).

I know this probably only helps people who live near the monstrosity that is Bluewater in Kent but they have an expensive little shop called MODELZONE that I picked up a 1:43 scale white Ford Transit van for £6.99 now I don't know if it's a good deal or not but I went all mad and bought it, now my modern zombie gaming is set in the US and so I asked a fellow blogger Das Auto! Among other things... http://archatypical.blogspot.com/ for information on the make in Amerca and he said it's called the Ford Transit Connect and was named North American Truck of the year last year, there were a lot of these beauties left in the shop last week when I bought mine. Will post pictures from the zombie game next week aswell as the show. Have yourselves a good weekend people.

A few comparison and size pictures.



28mm Copplestone, Hasslefree and Foundry miniature for scale.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment