Saturday, July 18, 2009

Orly Once Upon a Time Collection!

I no sooner heard about this in an email than it was in my hot little hands! I can't find info on it anywhere on Orly's site, so I have no real information other than what it says on the box. It says "6 Pix from the Once Upon a Time Color Collection". So I don't know if there are more, if this is Fall or Winter, or what. "Once Upon a Time... Orly's collection of modern nail lacquer shades, inspired by the darkness and drama of classic fairy tale stories". Update: This is a Fall 2009 Collection that comes out in September!

The collection pretty much does bring out that feeling for me. It is a change from the brighter more jeweled colors and mattes being offered. It has a typical decent Orly formula, I had a few mishaps but nothing horrible. The colors are richly pigmented and except for Pixie Dust, were easily two coat perfect. It's a nice palette of cool tones, a chocolate brown creme, a medium red jelly, a light grey creme, a light bluish grey shimmer jelly, a dark bluish green fir tree colored creme, and a dark pomegranate with purple shimmer.

Prince Charming, a sort of melted chocolate ice cream colored creme. Not my idea of Prince Charming, but it meshes with the collection nicely. Manages not to look like poo.
Orly Prince Charming:
Orly Prince Charming

Mirror Mirror is a light grey creme that really floats my boat. Apparently I have a grey fetish where other people have a green fetish, I am coming to learn. That suits me just fine. I love this color. Reminds me of urban camo.
Orly Mirror Mirror:
Orly Mirror Mirror

Poison Apple is my least favorite. It is simply not apple colored, this is a tomato. It's a jelly on the opaque side. A richer candy apple red would have meshed better with this collection, IMO.
Orly Poison Apple:
Orly Poison Apple

Orly Enchanted Forest, a kind of dark, solid wall of foreboding blue green fir trees sort of creme. Well done!
Orly Enchanted Forest:
Orly Enchanted Forest

Pixie Dust is a bluish grey, almost denim. It's light, and it's a sheerish jelly. This was 4 coats, but you could do three, I probably only needed 4 on one nail. or you could do one for a sheerer look, which would also be pretty! It's got a ton of shimmer, I think it's very nice.
Orly Pixie Dust:
Orly Pixie Dust

Happily Ever After is a juicy reddish purple with a darker purple shimmer. Very sexy, one of the best of the collection.
Orly Happily Ever After:
Orly Happily Ever After

I hope I helped you make some decisions regarding this collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment